The OConnor O-Focus Dual Mini Cine Set is a follow focus system equipped with a CFF-1 Studio Cine Handwheel and designed double-sided to optionally also accommodate a Hard Stop Handwheel.
The Dual Mini attaches to a lens by sliding dovetail and is adjustable thus to various lens diameters. Its main bridge is very low-profile and has a gear drive ratio of 1:0.75, which produces 270° of rotation for every 360° that the handwheel is turned (and which hence affords longer, more exacting pull on limited rotation still lenses).
The Studio Handwheel, however, when coupled with the Dual Mini, offers a shorter, more exacting pull for cine lenses. The wheel features an input:output transmission ratio of 1:1.8 and in interfacing with the Dual Mini produces a 1:1.4 output ratio. Also, the wheel attaches offset to the shaft of the Dual Mini, and when rotated it ends up in different positions that provide the best possible viewing of witness marks. Additionally because of the offset attachment, an adjoined camera can be rested on the ground without its weight pressing on the handwheel.
The Dual Mini is made of lightweight, durable black anodized aluminum. Its bridge can be used with an included LWS rod bridge, or, optionally, with 15/19mm studio rod systems, and also with interchangeable gears, and with a handwheel extension. Its low-profile design with no swing arm and with a direct-drive gear box is ideal for large barrel diameter lenses.
- Equipped with a CFF-1 Studio Handwheel for cine lenses.
- Double-sided to optionally also accommodate a Hard Stop wheel.
- Adjustable to various lens diameters by way of a sliding dovetail design.
- The main bridge is low-profile and has a direct-drive gear box and no swing arm.
- The bridge's gear ratio is 1:0.75, which produces a 270° output for every 360° of input.
- Achieves shorter, more exacting pull with expanded focus scale cine lenses.
- Features a 1:1.8 transmission ratio that yields a 1:1.4 output coupled with the Dual Mini.
- Attaches offset to the shaft of the Dual Mini and thus allows for optimal viewing of witness marks.
|Lens Diameter||Max diameter (with LW rods included): 11.6mm|
|Gear Ratio||Main bridge: 1:0.75
|Positioning of Driver Gear||Main bridge interlock (back/front)|
|Module Coupling System||Backlash-free|
|Drive Gear Coupling||Standard serrated star|
|Compatibility||15mm LWS, studio 15mm/19mm rod systems|
|Dimensions||Unit excluding handwheel: 7.2 x 2.2 x 1.5" (18.2 x 5.7 x 3.7 cm)
Cine handwheel: 4 x 3.2" (10.2 x 8.1 cm)
|Total Weight||1.52 lbs (.69 kg)|