In a league of its own, the formidable Vinten Vector 950 Pan/Tilt Head supports oversized camera payloads up to 264.5 lbs (120.0 kg) with perfect sinusoidal counterbalance. Once balanced, ordinarily unwieldy cameras, such as the IMAX 3-D (with 1000' magazines only, may controlled with the fingertips and move with fluid-like ease, thanks to the Thin Film (TF) drag control system.
True caliper disk brakes arrest movement during operation, and the center lock button firmly fixes the head in a horizontal position for safely mounting and dismounting camera payloads.
Operation is streamlined with the brightly illuminated rear-facing status LCD and bubble level, and dual pan-arm rosettes allow left- or two-handed configurations.
- Perfect Counterbalance
- The Vector 950 achieves perfect counterbalance by means of continuously-variable spring mechanism. This allows the head to tilt through the full range of -90 to 90° in perfect balance, eliminating a considerable amount of physical effort required by the operator. Since the camera is perfectly balanced, it can be left at any angle - totally hands free - without having to engage the tilt brake.
- TF (Thin Film) Drag Control
- The Vinten TF (Thin Film) damping system provides consistent drag performance in demanding conditions from -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C). It offers total control for precise movement and excellent camera control during the critical slow start-up of the shot, providing seamless transitions into whip pans and instant recovery to the original drag setting at the end of the movement.
- LCD Time/Stopwatch/Counterbalance Display
- An LCD display located on the back of the head facing the operator provides a 24-hour clock, stopwatch, and indicates the current level of counterbalance selected. This is particularly useful when necessary to regularly change the camera, lens, magazine, viewfinder or battery configuration on the fly and re-balance with predictable results.
- Illuminated Bubble Level
- Built-in illuminated bubble level facilitates efficient leveling even under unfavorable lighting conditions.
- Caliper Disk Brakes
- To efficiently and reliably arrest pan and tilt movement, the Vector 70 employs true caliper disk brakes which, for safety purposes, are on by default, requiring operator action to release.
- Dual Pan Arm Rosettes
- For left- or two-handed configurations depending on application and operator