This policy sets out how Broadcast & Production Services (UK) Ltd (BPS) is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and we operate in line with the EU GDPR (May 25th, 2018) data protection guidelines.
BPS take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell, share or use your personal information other than as described here. BPS are also Cyber Essentials compliant with all employees being certified to handle your data securely.
Who we are?
BPS are one of the leading suppliers of new and used broadcast and audio visual equipment within the industry.
The registered address is:
The Old Fire Station, 42 Thames Street, Hampton, Middlesex, TW12 2DX
How to contact us
Telephone: (+44) 0208 9411199 (office hours)
Through the website: www.bps-tv.co.uk
By post: Broadcast & Production Services (UK) Ltd, The Old Fire Station, 42 Thames Street, Hampton, Middlesex, TW12 2DX.
What type of information do we collect?
We collect information to establish a trade account, to fulfil an order or enquiry you have made with us or for you to receive marketing information. We will collect some or all of the following information:
- company trading name
- various supplied addresses
- relevant employee names (buyer/sales/accounts)
- various supplied telephone numbers
- various supplied email addresses
- company registration number
- VAT registration number
- payment Details
How do we collect the data?
We obtain information about you when a) you register with us as a customer using our website or through conversation with our sales team, for example when you contact us about products or services, to buy equipment or book repair/servicing or to sign up to an event or newsletter b) as a supplier to BPS of goods/services.
Why do we hold this information?
We use your information to:
- process orders you have submitted
- to deal with enquiries/questions/returns
- to process warranty, repairs and product software licences
- to send communications you have requested that may be of interest including products, events or promotional offers
- legal obligations
When do we share your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to any third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
We may pass your information on to third party service providers such as:
- card payment processors (Paypal or Sagepay)*
- finance companies for facilitating credit arrangements
- supplier/courier companies for the delivery of goods
- professional advisors for legal and financial purposes
*Information such as card details are held by these third-party processors who specialise in the secure capture of payment information. This information is encrypted, and we do not hold your payment details within our system. When you make a payment via these means, you are redirected to a secure payment portal. These partners are not authorised by BPS to use your data for their own marketing purposes.
Once you have given your consent, you can amend or withdraw your consent at any time. We adhere to all user rights as defined in GDPR.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction to your personal data
- request deletion of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- request restriction of processing your personal data
- request transfer of your personal data
- right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above please contact us, per above.
The BPS website uses Google Analytics who records data such as mouse clicks, session durations, page navigations. This data is collected does not include bank details, or any other sensitive information. This data is completely anonymous and is used to generate reports.
When you visit our website, cookies are collected. Cookies are pieces of information collected from our website that are stored on your device that allows our website to recognise you when you visit us again. Cookies do not allow us to identify you as an individual.
If you do not want websites to collect these cookies on your device, then you are able to change this via your internet preferences. Please note, that turning off cookies may affect your experience when using our website.