No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens is a wide-angle to normal-length zoom lens that features a fast, bright constant f/1.8 maximum aperture. It is specifically designed for use with APS-C-sized sensors and provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28.8-56mm.
The lens integrates four aspherical elements into its construction as well as five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements to help minimize various aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range as well as provide greater image sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections, lens flare, and ghosting to produce images with higher contrast and color fidelity. The lens barrel design is constructed from a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material that is akin to metal in texture and resistance to temperature and environmental changes while also remaining lightweight and compact. An internal focusing and zooming mechanism also helps to maintain a compact and consistent overall length and non-rotating front ring also better enables the use of circular polarizing filters. For control of focus, a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) is used to ensure fast, precise, and quiet focusing capabilities that are well suited to continuous shooting and movie recording.
Image quality until now found only in a fixed focal length lens. The definitive large-aperture APS-C format standard zoom lens.
A large-aperture fixed focal length lens is great for achieving expressive bokeh effects and enjoying ultra-high optical performance. On the other hand, photographers often need to change the angle of view to properly capture the scene that presents itself. To solve this decades-long dilemma, SIGMA proudly introduces the 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM next-generation large-aperture APS-C format standard zoom lens for digital SLR cameras. Taking on the challenge of creating the world’s first* wide-aperture lens to offer an aperture of F1.8 throughout the zoom range, SIGMA has succeeded in creating a zoom lens that offers the same high optical performance of a fixed focal length lens. These outstanding performance characteristics are especially apparent in an APS-C format camera, since it has a slightly greater depth of focus than a full-frame camera. This is a revolutionary lens that overturns preconceptions while expanding the range of photographic
To develop a large aperture zoom lens with a maximum aperture of F1.8, it was necessary to solve a variety of technical challenges. As the f-number decreases, so does the depth of focus, making it extremely difficult to minimize spherical aberration, axial chromatic aberration, astigmatism and field curvature. To minimize astigmatism across the zoom range, SIGMA leveraged its extensive experience in reducing optical aberrations and designing advanced structural elements. SIGMA gained this know-how when it developed such super wide angle zoom lenses as the SIGMA12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM and SIGMA 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM. Ongoing technological innovation at SIGMA’s Aizu Factory has also contributed to further enhancements in lens production. Advanced production technologies have made possible a large-diameter molded glass aspheric lens, which teams up with SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements to optimize power distribution and minimize axial chromatic and spherical aberration and field curvature. Thanks to its hard-earned knowledge of lens design and advanced lens manufacturing techniques, SIGMA has succeeded in creating a lens that offers F1.8 throughout the zoom range, as well as exceptional image quality at wide open aperture.
Zoom lenses are extremely convenient, providing a wide range of angles of view with just a twist of the zoom ring. The downside, however, is that F2.8 has been the limit of zoom lens brightness, forcing photographers to select fixed focal length lenses for brighter f-numbers. Although fixed focal lenses have been superior to zoom lenses in terms of f-number brightness and overall performance, they offer only a fixed angle of view, requiring photographers to carry several with them and change lenses as necessary. The 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM next-generation large-aperture standard zoom lens is the world’s first* to deliver F1.8 brightness throughout the zoom range. Its bright viewfinder makes it easy to confirm focus and compose perfect shots. As compared to a F2.8 lens in the same photographic conditions, it allows the photographer to use a shutter speed that is one stop faster, reducing the influence of camera shake. In addition, the shallower depth of field makes possible a beautiful bokeh effect in the background, expanding photographic creativity. From wide open to standard apertures, this lens is highly flexible, covering the angles of view offered by multiple large-aperture, fixed focal length lenses.
- Art Lens Line
- This lens is part of Sigma’s Art line; deeming it well-suited to creative image making due to its large, constant f/1.8 maximum aperture and ability to produce aesthetic bokeh by way of a nine-blade circular diaphragm. The range of focal lengths it covers, from wide-angle to normal-length, is nicely situated for everyday and artistic shooting applications.
- Optimized Lens Design
- Four aspherical lens elements, as well as the incorporation of five SLD glass elements, help to minimize the appearance of distortions and aberrations throughout the zoom range and provide clear imagery with enhanced sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also benefits the image quality by reducing reflections and flare and contributing to greater overall contrast and fidelity.
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- The Hyper Sonic Motor provides fast, quiet, and smooth auto focusing that is well-suited for use with video applications. This AF motor can also be manually overridden at any time by rotating the focusing ring, giving you the ability to fine-tune image sharpness through manual focusing.
- USB Dock
- Compatible with Sigma’s USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro software for fine-tuning your lens’ performance, updating its firmware, and better suiting it to your needs.
- Other Lens Features
- Constructed using a TSC compound material, this lens is lightweight while also exhibiting notable durability and resistance to environmental changes.
- An internal focusing and zooming mechanism helps to maintain a consistent overall lens length and a non-rotating front ring facilitates more efficient use of circular polarizers.
|Focal Length|| |
|Filter Thread||Front:72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.07 x 4.76″ (78 x 121 mm)|
|Weight||1.78 lb (811 g)|
|Package Weight||2.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.0 x 4.9 x 4.8″|
- 28.8-56mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Five SLD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
Sigma LCF-72 III 72mm Lens Cap
Sigma Rear Cap LCR II for Canon EF Mount Lenses
Sigma Lens Hood for 18-35mm f/1.8 Art DC HSM Lens