Blackmagic Design – Universal Videohub
£2,047.50 ex.Vat £2,457.00 inc.Vat
Available to Order
Rack frame lets you add up to 18 BNC SDI or optical fiber SDI interfaces plus a single 72 x 72 crosspoint and power card. Includes removable fan tray and fans.
Universal Videohub lets you build your own broadcast quality 3 Gb/s SDI and optical fibre SDI router for SD, HD, 4:4:4 and 2K video formats. Universal Videohub frames come in a choice of two sizes that let you expand your router up to either a 72 x 72 or 288 x 288 crosspoint size. Every interface module in the router is card based, with each card featuring 4 inputs and 4 outputs. Mix and match interfaces and build a router with all SDI, all optical fibre SDI or a combination of both.
- Fully Scalable
- Add either SDI or Optical Fiber SDI interface cards
- Auto stand detection
- Handles mixed SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI connections
- Deck control
- 24/7 reliability
- SDI Video Input
- Up to 72 x SDI/HD-SDI, 3Gb/s SDI and ASI. Can be BNC SDI or optical fibre SDI.
- SDI Video Output
- Up to 72 x SDI/HD-SDI, 3Gb/s SDI and ASI with SDI re-clocking. Can be BNC SDI or optical fibre SDI.
- Thunderbolt Port
- Up to 72 x Thunderbolt ports for SD, HD and 2K uncompressed or compressed video capture and playback with attached computers.
- Reference Input
- 1 x Blackburst and TriSync for all SD, HD and 2K SDI and optical connections.
- Up to 72 x, Blackburst and TriSync paired with Thunderbolt ports on Universal Videohub Editing Interface cards.
- Multi-Rate Support
- Auto detection of SD, HD or 3 Gb/s SDI. Simultaneous routing of 2K, HD, SD video and DVB-ASI.
- USB 2.0 high speed (480Mb/s) interface.
- Device Control
- Up to 72 bi-directional Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control ports via breakout cable.
- Router Control
- Use either RJ45 Ethernet or Smart Control shared over IP network.
- Router Configuration
- Use either RJ45 Ethernet or USB 2.0 (IP setting only) high-speed interface shared over IP network.
- RS-422 Router Control
- 1 x input for controlling router crosspoint switching.
- On all SDI outputs.
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC.
- HD Format Support
- 1080p23.98, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p24, 1080PsF24, 1080p25, 1080PsF25, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p30, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 720p23.98,
- 720p24, 720p25, 720p29.97, 720p30, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60.
- 2K Format Support
- 2048 x 1556/23.98/24/25.
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE 425M-A, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Video
- Rates SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition, high definition and 2K. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI.
- SDI Video Sampling
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
- SDI Audio Sampling
- The television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 10 bit.
- SDI Color Space
- YUV or RGB.
- SDI Auto Switching
- Automatically selects between SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 3 Gb/s SDI and DVB-ASI on each input so that each input can be running a different television standard.
- SDI Metadata Support
- Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M.
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Via included firmware updater application.
- Software Control
- Router control included free for Windows™ and Mac OS X™.
- Physical Installation
- 5 rack unit size. Less than 6 inches deep.
- Power Fail Protection
- Router connections preserved and restored instantly to power on independently of the host computer.
- Power Supply
- Redundant power supply options are available. GPI connector for connecting external alarms.
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.