Canon EOS C300 MkII
£7,499.00 ex.Vat £8,998.80 inc.Vat
Available to Order
Canon EOS C300 MkII
Durable, powerful and easy-to-use! The EOS C300 Mark II captures stunning 4K/Full HD video with an incredible 15 stops of Dynamic Range, external RAW output and Canon Log2 to help realise your creative vision.
Canon EOS C300 MkII
A game-changer for creative filmmaking
- Durable, powerful and easy-to-use! The Canon EOS C300 MkII captures stunning 4K/Full HD video with an incredible 15 stops of Dynamic Range, external RAW output and Canon Log 2 to help realise your creative vision.
- Unrivalled 4K & Full HD image quality
- Creative flexibility & extensive shooting options
- Seamless integration into professional workflows
For more products from the Canon range, click here for their dedicated brand page.
- Remarkable image quality
- Superb AF with EF lenses
- Maximum post-production freedom
Capture and see new levels of image quality
- Shoot superb high-resolution images
- Highly versatile XF-AVC codec
Shoot superb high-resolution images
- Over-Sampling HD Processing is an advanced debayering algorithm for image processing that effectively utilises the abundant powers of 4K image capture in Full HD recording. The Canon EOS C300 MkII captures a 4K image, the RGB channels are separated into three individual 8-megapixel 4K signals and the 4K RGB signals are then multiplexed and scaled down internally into a Full HD (1920x1080) signal. This improves the perceived resolution and allows you to record a significantly cleaner Full HD image.
- High Dynamic Range images with Canon Log 3*, Log 2, Log and Wide DR Gamma
- The original Canon Log setting is installed in all cameras in the Cinema EOS range. It achieves a dynamic range of up to 12 stops and delivers excellent results with relatively simple grading.
Canon Log 2
- Canon Log 2 increases Dynamic Range up to 15 stops. This curve is highly compatible with well-established Cineon workflows for maximum grading flexibility and particularly adept at maintaining shadow detail.
Canon Log 3*
- Canon Log 3 gives an extended Dynamic Range of up to 14 stops and shares the relatively easy grading characteristics of the original Canon Log while retaining greater highlight detail.
*May require a firmware upgrade.
Enhanced processing power with Dual DIGIC DV5
- Using Canon’s Dual DIGIC DV5 processors the Canon EOS C300 MkII has significantly more processing capability than its predecessor, enabling high bit rate 4K movies to be recorded, together with support for Canon Log 2 Gamma and many other key camera functions.
Capture moving subjects more accurately
- A significantly improved sensor readout speed produces even lower rolling shutter distortion – so even subjects on the move maintain their correct shape better.
An easy realisation of your creative visions
- Record stunning 4K images internally
- You can simultaneously record stunning 4K/UHD images at up to 410Mbps/10-bit to dual internal CFast 2.0™ memory cards, benefiting from the VPG130 standard, which guarantees a sustained write speed of at least 130Mbps.* 2K proxy files can be stored on SD card and 4K RAW footage output to external devices, for an efficient workflow. Utilise the abundant powers of 4K image capture in Full HD recording, with higher quality and significantly cleaner results, thanks to Oversampling HD processing.
* May require a firmware update
- Canon is an authorised licensee of the CFast 2.0™ trademark, which may be registered in various jurisdictions.
Auto features: just pick up and shoot!
- The Canon EOS C300 MkII’s innovative automatic features let you concentrate on the action. These include Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 80% vertical and 80% horizontal coverage, Face Detection AF (with compatible lenses) and Auto white balance so you won't miss the shot. Enhanced AF offers the ability to select the AF speed (with compatible lenses) and AF subject tracking characteristics ensure that focusing is more natural.
Shoot with confidence in any light
- Shoot anywhere and capture low-noise footage in all kinds of challenging shooting scenarios thanks to a wide ISO range up to ISO 102,400 that delivers enhanced sensitivity and unrivalled low light performance. Built-in ND filters provide a possible further 10 stops of exposure control (in expansion mode) in bright light or when a wide aperture is required.
High-quality audio superior to CD
- The Canon EOS C300 MkII supports LPCM 24-bit/48 kHz audio for sound quality that is superior to CD. It offers 4-channel input, including a mic jack, internal monaural mic and two XLR terminals, which allow multiple sound sources to be selected and mixed to record sound with a sense of ambience.
Huge interchangeable lens choice, EF and PL mounts
- Expand your creative options by shooting with more than 90 of Canon's current interchangeable EF and EF Cinema lenses. Servo zoom support further increases shooting versatility. The Canon EOS C300 MkII's EF lens mount can be switched to EF mount with Cinema Lock or to PL mount, and back again by an approved Canon service centre.
Seamlessly integrate with professional workflows
- New XF-AVC format for easy integration
- The newly developed XF-AVC 4K file format is easily integrated into existing workflows, while a simultaneous recording of 2K or Full HD Proxy files to the SD card in the same format, further increases efficiency in post-production.
Wide choice of colour gamuts
- The Canon EOS C300 MkII offers a variety of colour gamuts to suit your workflow and final output medium, including BT.2020, Canon Cinema Gamut and DCI-P3.
Canon EOS C300 MkII Camera Specifications:
|Sensor||Super35mm type CMOS|
|System||RGB primary colour filter (Bayer array)|
|Total pixels per sensor||9.84 megapixels|
|Effective pixels per sensor||Approx. 8.85 megapixels when 4096 x 2160/2048 x 1080 resolution selected
Approx.8.29 megapixels when 3840 x 2160 or 1920 x 1080 resolution selected
|Dynamic Range||With Canon Log gamma: 800%
With Canon Log2 Gamma 1600%
(ISO 850 or above/gain 2.5 dB or more)
|Horizontal Resolution||Up to 1800 TV lines or more depends 0n shooting resolution and on lens used.|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF Mount. EF with Cinema Lock or PL mount available (optional upgrade)|
|Focal length adjustment||3840 x 2160 or 1920 x 1080 resolution: Actual focal length x approx. 1.53
4096 x 2160 or 2048 x 1080 resolution: Actual focal length x approx. 1.46
As indicated for EF-S lenses and Canon Cine Zoom lenses
|Peripheral illumination correction||YES (dependent on lens used)|
|ND filter||6 glass filters in camera body: 2 stops; 4 stops; 6 stops,8 stops,10 stops¹. Operate via the body, wireless control or via Canon RC-V100 Remote Control Unit.|
|Focus control||Via lens, wireless control or wired remote (dependent on lens used) One-shot AF with EF Lenses
including Cine Servo lens range¹.
(Not available with Manual Focus, CINEMA Zoom or Prime lenses).
|Iris control||Via body, grip, wireless control or wired remote. Push AI available with EF lens (Not available with CINEMA lenses)
1/2-stop, 1/3-stop or FINE control.
Possible to maintain constant F-number during zoom.
|Image stabilization system||Depends on lens used|
|Type||Dual DIGIC DV5|
Canon EOS C300 MkII Recording Specifications:
|Video storage media||CFast2.0™ and SD card supported. Simultaneous Recording to CFast2.0™ and External Device possible|
|Recording time||Depending on card used and resolution/ bit rate selected|
|Recording file format||XF-AVC (Material eXchange Format (MXF))|
|Recording Standard||Video Compression: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio Recording: Linear PCM (16bit/24bit- 48kHz - 4ch)
File Format: XF-AVC (MXF)
Bit rate: Intra 410/225/220/110Mbps, LongGOP 50Mbps
Long GOP: 35 or 24 Mbps (for proxy recording on SD cards)
|Recording format: CFast 2.0™ Card||Intraframe recording
Resolution: 4096x2160/3840x2160/2048x1080/1920x1080 Signal configuration: YCC422 10bit/(*)RGB444 (12bit/10bit)
(*) Only with 2048x1080 or 1920x1080; 29.97P, 23.98P, 25.00P and 24.00P
Long GOP recording
Signal configuration: YCC422 10bit
|Recording format: SD Card||Movies: Long GOP recording only (*)
Signal configuration: YCC420 8bit Photo: JPEG
(*) Proxy recording using low bit rate
|Recording frame rate||59.94 Hz: 59.94i/59.94P/29.97P/23.98P (Depending on resolution selected)
50.00Hz: 50.00i/50.00P/25.00P (Depending on resolution selected
2K (2048x1080/1920x1080) 1 to 60 FPS
2K CROP (*1)(2048x1080/1920x1080) max 120 FPS
4K (4096x2160/3840x2160) 1 - 30 FPS
2K (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 60 FPS**
2K CROP * (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 120 FPS **
4K (4096x2160/3840x2160 max 30 FPS
2K (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 120 FPS **
2K CROP * (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 120 FPS**
2K (2048x1080/1920x1080) 1 - 50 FPS
2K CROP * (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 100FPS **
4K (4096x2160/3840x2160) 1 - 25 FPS
2K (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 50 FPS **
2K CROP * (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 100FPScz**
4K (4096x2160/3840x2160) max 30 FPS
2K (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 60 FPS**
2K CROP * (2048x1080/1920x1080) max 100FPS**
|Pre Record (cache record)||Yes|
|Double Slot (simultaneous) Recording||Yes|
|Scan Reverse||Yes: Both / Vertical/ Horizontal /Off|
|Internal Data Transfer||Yes. Clips can be copied from CFast2.0™ to CFast2.0™ card internally in Media Mode.|
|Photo storage media||SD Card|
|Still quality||2048 x 1080/1920 x 1080|
Canon EOS C300 MkII System Specifications:
|Size||4” (10.1 cm diagonal) color wide-screen LCD with 16:9 aspect ratio|
|Dots||Approx. 1.23 million dots (854 x RGB x 480), 100% field of view
|Image quality adjustments||Super High, High or Normal can be selected as the luminance adjustment. Others are
same as for the viewfinder.
|Size||0.46” (1.18 cm on the diagonal), colour organic EL display with a wide-screen 16:9 aspect ratio|
|Dots||Approx. 1770,000 dots (1024 x RGB x 576)|
|Image quality adjustments||Adjustment of the viewfinder brightness, contrast, colour, sharpness and luminance
boosting (on/off) can be performed (using menu settings).
|Correction lens||2.0 to -5.5 diopter|
|Audio in||Yes: 2x XLR input on monitor unit, 3.5mm input on Camera Body|
|Headphone output||Yes Output impedance 50Ω or less, Reference signal output level 50Ω or less
Reference signal output level -∞ to -12 dBV (with 16Ω load, volume from MIN to MAX)
|Video/Audio output||MON., REC OUT terminals: BNC Jack
Video[HD]: SMPTE 292, SMPTE 274 [3G]: SMPTE 424, SMPTE 425
Audio[HD]: SMPTE ST 299-1 [3G]: SMPTE ST 299-2
Output impedance 75Ω, Output signal level 0.8Vp-p
|HDMI||HDMI terminal (type A) Complies with HDMI specifications. Video/Audio output|
|IEEE 1394 (Firewire)||No|
|Timecode||BNC jack (input/output)|
|Genlock||BNC jack (also serves as the SYNC OUT terminal) Signal level 1.0 Vp-p, Input impedance 10KΩ|
|Synch||BNC jack (also serves as the SYNC OUT terminal) Signal level 1.0 Vp-p, Input impedance 10KΩ|
|LCD Monitor Input/Output||VIDEO terminal Canon’s proprietary specifications (special 13-pin jack)
AUDIO terminal Canon’s proprietary specifications (special 13-pin jack)
|Remote Control Terminal||2.5mm mini jack|
|Wireless Control Terminal||Via optional Wi-Fi adaptor|
|Colour Bars||EBU, SMPTE, ARIB|
|Accessory shoe||Yes (a cold shoe, 3 locations: top of the body, top of the handle, front of handle)|
Canon EOS C300 MkII Shooting Specifications:
|Exposure Control and Metering||Manual, Push Auto Iris, Auto Iris (with compatible lenses).
Metering Options (a) Standard (center-weighted metering),(b) Spotlight,(c) Backlight compensation
|Exposure compensation||0.25 increments from ±0 to ±2.0.|
|Push Auto Iris||Yes (EF and EF-S lenses. Not available with EF Cinema Lenses.)|
|Exposure Lock||Via Push AI Function|
|Auto Gain Control setting||Yes|
|ISO Sensitivity||1 Stop increments: , 160(*), 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600, [51200, 102400]
[---] Displayed when ISO speed expansion is ON. (*) Displayed when ISO speed expansion is OFF.
1/3 stop increments:[100, 125], 160, 200, 250, 320, 400, 500, 640, 800, 1000, 1250, 1600, 2000, 2500,
3200, 4000, 5000, 6400, 8000, 10000, 12800, 16000, 20000, 25600,
[32000, 40000, 51200, 64000, 80000, 102400]
|Gain setting||Normal: [-6dB, -3dB], -2dB(*), 0dB, 3dB, 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, 15dB, 18dB, 21dB, 24dB, 27dB,
30dB, 33dB, 36dB, 39dB, 42dB, [45dB, 48dB, 51dB 54dB] [---] Displayed when ISO speed expansion is ON. (*) Displayed when ISO speed expansion is OFF.
Fine: Any value from -2dB to 24dB in 0.5dB increments can be set.
|Control Modes||Off, Speed, Angle, Clear Scan, Slow|
|Shutter speed||59.94 Hz
Off: 59.94(i/P) : 1/60/29.98P: 1/30 24.00P 1/24
Speed: 1/1 - 1/2000
Clear Scan: 59.94 Hz mode: 23.98 Hz (lowest) to 250.37 Hz 24.00 Hz mode: 24.00 Hz (lowest) to 250.37 Hz
Note: The frequency will differ depending on the frame rate setting.
Slow: 59.94(i/P) 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30; 29.98P 1/4, 1/8, 1/15: 24.00P 1/3, 1/6, 1/12
Off: 50.00(i/P) 1/50; 25.00P 1/25
Speed:1/1 - 1/2000
Clear Scan: 24.00 Hz (lowest) to 250.40 Hz Note: The frequency will differ depending on the frame rate setting.
Slow: 50.00(i/P) 1/3, 1/6, 1/12, 1/25; 25.00P 1/3, 1/6, 1/12
|Shutter Angle||59.94Hz/50.00Hz: 360.00, 240.00, 180.00, 120.00, 90.00, 60.00, 45.00, 30.00, 22.50, 15.00, 11.25|
|AF Options||Dependent on the interchangeable lens used and User Selected Mode. Dual Pixel CMOS AF (CMOS AF), Contrast AF|
|AF Modes||One-Shot AF, Continuous AF and AF-Boosted MF are the available modes. All of these modes take effect when the AF/MF switch of the EF lens is at the AF setting|
|Face Detection AF||Yes; Face Priority or Face Only|
|Dual Pixel CMOS AF||Yes. Compatible with all EF Mount Lenses (Except Manual Focus Only models)|
|Stored Configurations||7 presets:
Canon Log 2: C.Gamut (Cinema Gamut) Canon Log 2: BT.2020/Canon Log 2: DCI-P3
Canon Log 2: BT.709
Canon Log: BT.2020 Gamut BT.709
|Storage Medium||Internal or SD card|
|Gamma Setting Options||Canon Log 2/Canon Log/Wide DR/EOS Std.Normal 1 (STANDARD)/Normal 2 (4.0x)/Normal 3 (BT.709)
Normal 4 (5.0x)
|Colour Space Settings||Cinema Gamut/BT.2020 Gamut/DCI-P3 Gamut/BT.709 Gamut|
|Colour Matrix Settings||Neutral/Production Camera/Cinema EOS Original/Video/EOS Std./OFF|
|Customisable and protected settings||Yes|
|Low Key Saturation||Yes|
|Selective Noise Reduction||Yes|
|Clip 100% IRE||Yes|
|Kelvin Range||2000K to 15000K, 100K intervals, Default 5500K|
|White Balance Shift||Yes, -9 to 9 (Daylight or Tungsten Preset selected)|
|Black balance adjustment||Yes|
|Countup system||Regen, RecRun, FreeRun, External, Hold (Drop frame available for NTSC Mode)|
|Start value setting||“00:00:00:00”, Set/Reset selectable|
|Recording||16-bit 2ch (48 kHz) linear PCM|
|Control||Independent limiters and auto/manual settings|
|Microphone level meter||Yes|
Canon EOS C300 MkII Accessories Specifications:
|Supplied||Monitor Unit, Handle Unit, Thumbrest, WFT Attachment, Tripod Adaptor Base, Eye Cup, CVF Cap, Shoulder Strap
Battery Charger CG-10, AC Adaptor CA-A10, AC Cable, Battery Pack BP-A30, hex wrench, hexagon screw set,
UN-5 Cable (X2)Lithium battery CR2025, Bracket
|Optional (includes discontinued items)||Canon Battery Pack BP-A30 (included with D181)/BP-A60
Canon AC adapter CA-A10
Canon Battery Charger CG-A10
Canon Remote Controller RC-V100
Canon shoulder strap SS-1200 (provided with the D181)
Canon Tripod Adapter TA-100
Canon Tripod base TB-1
Canon Shooting Brace SBR-1000
Canon Wireless transmitter WFT-E6
Canon GPS Receiver GP-E1
Canon unit cable UN-5 (provided)/UN-10 (purchased separately)
Canon microphone adapter MA-400 (optional accessory)
Canon rod clamp RD-1 (purchased separately)
|Battery Type||BP-A30 (included),BP-A60 (optional)|
|Input Power Supply||14.4 V DC (battery pack), 16.7 V DC (DC)|
Canon EOS C300 MkII Miscellaneous Specifications:
|Dimensions||Approx. 149 x 183 x 183 mm (5.9 x 7.2 x 7.2 in) [D181 thumb rest]
Approx. 190 x 183 x 187 mm (7.5 x 7.2 x 7.4 in) [D181 grip]
Approx. 190 x 265 x 226 mm (7.5 x 10.4 x 8.9 in)
[D181 grip bracket handle unit]
Approx. 190 x 307 x 362 mm (7.5 x 12.1 x 12.8 in)
[D181 grip bracket handle unit monitor unit]
|Operating Temperature range||Approx. 0°C to 40°C, 85% (relative humidity)
Approx. -5°C to 45°C, 60% (relative humidity)
|ND filter||¹ 8 and 10 Stop ND selected via expansion option in a menu|
|Focus control||¹ CN7 x 17 KAS S/E1 or P1 depending on mount|
For further specifications, click here for the Canon relevant page