EX-DEMO MOVI M10
£2,750.00 ex.Vat £3,300.00 inc.Vat
EX-DEMO MOVI M10
EX-DEMO MOVI M10
The MOVI M10 3-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer from Freefly is a camera stabilization system that uses three motors and an IMU (inertial measurement unit) to detect and counteract unwanted movement along three axes: pan, tilt, and roll. In particular, it works to compensate for handshake or vehicle-induced vibration as well as reduce translation. It is designed for DSLRs and smaller cinema cameras and can accommodate cameras weighing up to 12 pounds. There is a quick-release adapter available separately so that it can be mounted on cranes, jibs, vehicles mounts, and other camera support equipment. There is also an MR (multi-rotor) version, the MOVI MR, for mounting a camera on a UAV. You can also add the MR conversion kit, available separately, later on to convert the M10 for use on a UAV.
The system supports single- or dual-operator control. In single user (Majestic) mode, the system's software intelligently differentiates unwanted shake or vibration from intentional movement, such as panning, while keeping the horizon level. Alternatively, you can have a dedicated operator (Stabilized Slew mode) with a remote control or RC transmitter who is in charge of camera pan, tilt--and if you want--roll. In this configuration, the camera will always point where the operator of the remote tells it to, independent of how the rig operator moves.
As with sled-style stabilizers, the camera should be balanced on the MOVI to ensure best performance. Once balanced, the MOVI will need to be linked via Bluetooth to an Android mobile device or a computer or tablet running Windows to finalize the configuration process.
Two lithium-polymer (LiPo) batteries and a charger are included, as well as a top handle for low-angle shooting or transporting the assembled rig on set.
- Supported Cameras
- The MOVI M10 is meant to support DSLRs and smaller cinema cameras weighting up to 12 pounds. Cameras that have been tested on the system include the Canon C500, Canon C300, RED EPIC, RED Scarlet, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Canon EOS-5D Mark III, Panasonic DMC-GH3, and Sony NEX-FS100. The included cage fits camera up to 5.5 x 7.9 x 7.9"
- Supported Lenses
- The system has been tested with focal lengths up to 120 mm. Larger sizes may technically be used as long as the 12 pound total weight limit is respected; however with longer there is an increased risk of collision with gimbal components
- Remote Operation
- The MOVI can be operated remotely either with a dedicated controller or using an RC aircraft transmitter (hand-held radio controller). It supports Spektrum DSMX and Futaba SBUS transmitters with at least six channels, including the Spektrum DX7s. Wireless range will vary depending on the transmitter used
- Three Control Modes
- Majestic Mode: For single-operator use. In this mode the gimbal provides stabilization without counteracting operator-directed camera movements--the camera goes where you point the handles. This mode is ideal for accurate framing in tight situations
- Stabilized Mode: Assumes no operator input, compensating for all movement it detects. Ideal scenarios for this mode include when the gimbal is mounted to a car or shots where the camera is moving but the camera angle remains fixed
- Slew Stabilized Mode: For dual-operator control. In this mode an operator with a dedicated remote or RC transmitter controls pan, tilt, and roll independently of the gimbal handeler's movements
- Drift Free Horizon
- The gimbal uses a GPS-assisted IMU that when used outdoors with available satellite signals is able to minimize drift even when under acceleration--such as where the camera is mounted on a UAV or vehicle
- Live Wireless Tuning and Graphing
- A real-time Bluetooth wireless link is provided by the gimbal which transmits performance data for live adjustment of any of the gimbal parameters using software for Windows or Android
- Silent Drive
- The motors driving the gimbal have been designed to operate as quietly as possible to ensure you will be able to record sound without picking up any unwanted noise
- Translation Compensation
- Making hundreds of adjustments per second, the software works to counteract translation--the bobbing up and down effect while running--when tracking a moving subject moving at high speed. In this situation translation may be unavoidable, but at least the subject will remain in-frame
- Shot Recorder
- Keeps a record of the camera position (where GPS is available), height, camera pan, tilt, and roll so that the shot can be recreated later or to help Visual Effects align the live action shot with other elements in a CG composite
- Third-Party Mounting
- Using separately available mounting hardware it is possible to mount the MOVI on cranes, jibs, Steadicams and similar vest-supported stabilizers (where it corrects for angular error), and other camera support hardware. It has also been verified to work on an Easyrig
- Remote Firmware Updatable
- You can upgrade the gimbal to new software features as they are released by Freefly yourself, without having to send the device in for a factory update
- Custom Direct Drive Motors
- the MOVI system uses motors that were custom made for the gimbal rather than re-purposing off-the-shelf parts
- User Adjustable "Shakey Cam"
- Want an organic hand-held look? The MOVI provides variable noise filters that allows you to effectively dial in a custom amount of shake to help you achieve the effect you are after
For more Used and EX-Demo Items click here