Call for Price
Graphite is an all-in-one production system designed and built with the quality and reliability you have come to expect from Ross Video. Get full production value with an innovative software and hardware platform that comes together for professional-quality productions.
In-house ROSS specialist team – 020 8941 1199
Available in the Following Variations:
|ME Count||Inputs||Outputs (Configurable / Fixed)|
|2 ME||13||8 (8/0)|
|2 ME||9||8 (2/6)|
|1 ME||9||8 (2/6)|
|1 ME||4||8 (2/6)|
Graphite Primary Capabilities
The high-end production power of the world’s most popular mid-sized switcher- Carbonite- is fully incorporated for you to create engaging programs.
- Two powerful MEs form the foundation of the switcher, which possess complete keying and effects capability.
- Four unique MiniMEs can be assigned anywhere in the system for additional dissolves and key layers independent of ME resources. MiniMEs perform wonderfully as uniquely keyed AUX outputs.
- Four independent MediaStore channels are available switcher-wide. Stills, logos, and animated graphics are played out from the on-board 8GB memory and can also be loaded via USB storage device.
- Refined memory and custom control system provides for simple set-up and operation of every component of Graphite: graphics, clips, stills, and audio.
- Fully integrated MultiViewers with selectable layouts, borders, tallies and UMD label displays for each source.
- Powerful single channel with unlimited layering capability, is more powerful than traditional multi-channel graphics systems. Graphite’s separate PCIe card handles the operation of the Carbonite and RAVE, which permits the host-PC’s processing to be dedicated to XPression operations. This powerful graphics system can be used to its fullest potential.
- A true 3D engine permits usage of 3D text, 3D Objects, and a virtual camera functionality to create truly dynamic 3D animations.
- Two channels of XPression Clips server provides a full database to browse, catalog, and output clips directly to air on any channel or layer. Graphics created in XPression can be utilized in these channels much like an external video source.
- Easy-to-use user interface organizes the process of creating dynamic animations, provides a smart sequencer to quickly edit and take graphic elements to air, and even simplifies the process of intelligent scripting logic for advanced functions.
- RAVE includes a full 28-channel digital audio mixer. Enjoy all the features of a standard mixer including input management, level monitoring, volume / gain adjustment. and more.
- Utilize the audio inputs from external embedded SDI audio sources, and from internal sources like XPression, XPression Clips, PC Audio and Media Stores.
- Extend capabilities with an optional audio breakout panel that adds analog and digital audio I/O, which is converted and accessible in the RAVE audio mixer. All audio sources within Graphite can be utilized simultaneously during production. The audio panel also provides pre-amps and phantom power for microphones. All of these features are made available in a single 1RU device.
- Simplify show set-up and execution of critical audio elements with direct Carbonite control.
Graphite is a complete all-In-one production system that offers everything you need. With the Carbonite switcher, XPression motion graphics, XPression Clips server, and RAVE audio engine – total production power is right at your fingertips. Concentrated into a minimal 4RU frame, you are in control of the entirety of Graphite’s production functions from DashBoard soft panels displayed from the computer sub-system. For users that prefer more tactile control methods, Graphite works with any size Carbonite Black panel.
In the realm of live production, failure is simply not an option. This is what drove Ross Video to build a solution that is a vast improvement over existing all-in-ones, and that provides a truly reliable system. Through the development of dedicated hardware, Graphite has done away with the conventional hazards that all-in-ones face. So long as Graphite is plugged in and the power is running, the Carbonite switcher and RAVE audio will continue to run even in the unlikely event of a computer crashes, reboot, or update. Not only are your productions safer, but they also run a lot smoother thanks to smart allocation of resources. The Carbonite switcher and RAVE audio engine rely on the self-contained Graphite hardware, while XPression graphics makes total use of the computer. This is truly smart production at its finest.
The versatility of such a compact and powerful production system means there is near-limitless application for all types of productions. Like all Ross Video products, Graphite is designed to simplify operations for you to produce content efficiently and economically
- Real Production Switcher Hardware: The video switcher is the heart of any live production, reliability and performance are paramount. Graphite includes the pure production power of Carbonite – the world’s most popular mid-size production switcher – built into dedicated hardware. Enjoy all of Carbonite’s ‘big’ switcher features and never miss a beat.
- Real Graphics: Graphics can make or break a show and Graphite comes equipped with the best. The Ross XPression Motion Graphics system is used by top Hollywood Productions, Sports Teams and Networks. Graphite also includes XPression Clips – fully featured clip server channels.
- Real Audio Mixing: A professional twenty-eight channel hardware-based audio mixing engine with optional Mic and line breakout panel with great specs and low distortion
- Crash-Proof Hardware: Traditional all-in-one systems can suffer from stability problems – a stutter in the middle of an important production or losing an element due to resources limits is unacceptable. Graphite eliminates these issues with its core processing built on dedicated internal hardware that contains the proven Carbonite engine. It even stays up while the computer reboots – ideal for mission critical applications.
- Proven System: Graphite is built on a solid foundation of dedicated components made by Ross, quality assured by a team of specialists to ensure a superior experience.
- Backed by Ross’ Legendary 24x7x365 Support: When you do need help, it is only a phone call or email away to Ross’ round the clock global technical support team.
Simplicity & Scalability
- True All-in-One Solution: No external networking required for inputs and outputs, just plug and play into Graphite’s dedicated I/O.
- Single or Multi-User Operation: Graphite scales to meet the demands of various productions – run with a single operator or use separate operators for graphics and audio for larger, more complex productions. Supercharge control with event-specific custom Dashboard user interfaces.
- Growth Path: Regular firmware updates are downloadable from the Ross website. Easily expand Graphite’s capabilities with additional graphics channels, newsroom integration and automated production control.
Graphite is an advanced approach to all-in-one systems that not only offers the software-based flexibility that makes all-in-ones so desirable, but also implements a dedicated hardware-based element that addresses the fundamental issues inherent in traditional all-in-one systems. At the heart of Graphite is a PCIE card that is entirely separate from the PC. This dedicated Graphite hardware handles the operation of both the Carbonite switcher and RAVE audio – leaving the main PC wholly dedicated to tapping the powerful XPression graphics engine. Thanks to this innovation, Graphite offers incredible performance, and the backbone of your show remains immune to the usual PC and operating system crashes, reboots, and updates that traditional all-in-one systems are vulnerable to.
|13 External inputs||12 HD SDI
|7 Internal Inputs||Single Channel XPression with multiple key layers
2 channels of XPression Clip playback
4 Channels of Media Storage (Stills & Animations w/ audio)
|8 Outputs||6 SDI
|Number of MEs||2|
|Number of MiniMEs||4|
|Number of MultiViewers with Tally and Source Names||2 (up to 32 windows)|
|Internal Format Converters / Frame Synchronizers||6|
|Number of Floating DVEs||4|
|Reference Input||Black or Tri-Level|
|Number of Keys PER ME||5
(4 + 1 Transition Key)
|Number of Keys per MiniME||2 per MiniME|
|Total Keyers in MiniME Mode||18|
|Ultrachrome Keyers (Floating)||2|
|Number of MediaStores (8 GB capacity)||4|
|Supported Media File Types||.BMP (no Alpha)
.JPG (no Alpha)
.TGA (with or without Alpha)
.PNG (with or without Alpha)
48k WAV audio
|Browser-Based Graphics Management|
|Pattern Generators||2 per ME|
|Direct MediaStore Render VIA Ethernet|
|LiveEDL (generates an edit decision list for use in post-production)|
|ViewControl – Visual Production Control|
|Robotic Camera Control|
|SIGNAL PROCESSING STANDARDS (FORMAT)||Line / Frame Rates|
|Standard Definition||480i/59.94 & 576i/50|
|High Definition||720p & 1080i 50/59.94|
|1080P||25 / 29.97 (1.5Gb) & 50 / 59.94 (3Gb)|
|UHD Up Conversion for Output||4x Quad Link (MultiScreen Mode)|
|GRAPHICS FEATURES||XPression Graphite|
|2D / 3D Fonts|
|Arabic, Asian & Scripted Language Support|
|Imported 3D Models|
|Video Clip Support (within a template)|
|XPression Video Codec License|
|XPression Video Coder Application|
|Automated File-based Ingest, Transcoding & Publishing||Optional|
|Graphical Keyframe Editor|
|Seamless Continuous Tickers|
|TrueD! Anaglyphic Stereoscopic Preview|
|Render to Disk|
|Output Framebuffer Layers||Unlimited|
|Virtual Preview Channels (up next & look-ahead)||2 per channel|
|High Definition Formats (HD)|
|Standard Definition Formats (SD)|
|Project Video Format Conversion|
|Custom Resolution Video Formats (DVI Out)|
|RossTalk (TCP/IP Strings)|
|Optional XPression Workflow Tools and Applications||XPression Clips Features|