Shure SM63 Microphone
- High output, low impedance
- 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility
- Low-frequency roll off and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration
- Humbucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields
- Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops, and is immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture
- Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise
- Accessory windscreen supplied with SM63L and SM63LB for outdoor use under adverse wind conditions
- Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
- Supplied snap-in stand adapter
- Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television
There are three models available of the SM63. The three models differ only in length and color. The SM63 is designed for handheld use on stage and in broadcast, recording, and television studios. The SM63L and SM63LB are ideal for remote interviews, sports broadcasts, and other situations where longer microphones are desirable.
The smooth, wide frequency response of the SM63 is tailored for optimum speech intelligibility, and includes a controlled low-frequency rolloff for reduced pick-up of stand and wind noise. A built-in humbucking coil makes the microphones virtually immune to strong hum fields, such as those produced by studio lighting.
All three models use a patented Shure shock mount system to minimize handling noise. They also include a VERA-FLEXTM grille that protects against damage from a drop of up to 2 meters (6 ft.), and is impervious to dents, rust, corrosion, and moisture. An integral pop filter effectively reduces breath noise. The SM63L and SM63LB include a two-stage windscreen accessory designed for outdoor use.